Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Treasury Making Is more fun using Shmetsy Treasury Making Tools

I love to make treasuries - especially treasuries using items of the members of my favorite team, The Vintage Jewelry Sellers on Etsy! When making a treasury, this is what I look for:
KEY WORDS:
The most important part of a treasury, in my opinion, is finding the items that I want to include in it. So, sometimes I will search origin of item (ie: European, Scandinavian, German, Russian, Alaskan, Polynesian, Japan, Asian) or I will search colors, metal type (silver, gold) or gemstone (ruby, sapphire, amethyst). I will also search for styles (modernist, victorian, art deco), or dates (1950's, 1920's, 1800's). I also use terms like figurals, hearts, womens, childrens, mens, or sports terms. So, the words you use in the key word section of your description is vitally important in being found. I also specifically search for Etsy Teams, so if you belong to Vintage Jewelry Sellers on Etsy, make sure you have the key word "VJSE Group Team".
PHOTOS:
Another important feature that I look for is that the feature picture of the item I choose is clear (not fuzzy or blurry), and that the item in the picture is close enough that it is well defined and easy to identify. I also make sure that if I am searching for a specific color, that the color is accurate in the picture as to the key word used.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great tips if you want to make a bousiness of your passion for vintage. I used some of them and my sellings really improved. The best thing I learned was to upload clear and attractive pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really agree with you, the pictures are the key. I am forever working on improving my photographs. I'm not great, and still have a whole lot to learn. A few months ago, I found that my best bet was to read the brochure that came with my camera! What a concept! Learn to use your camera! Ha!

      Delete